First of all, you MUST check out The Girl's vlog with her mom today...hilarious! I'd love to hang out with these ladies, have coffee and share some laughs. They're the best. :)
I've chosen to list 5 things that made me really happy this week. No matter how bad or boring you think your week was, I bet you can find 5 things. I sure did...and here they are!
1) A little girl growing up - My daughter turned 11 months old, learned how to stand, and started "cruising" around the house just this week! Wow, changes come fast and furious when babies are learning how to become toddlers. She's very proud of herself and so is her family, too!
2) The joy of cooking - I've never been one to embrace cooking (maybe a little baking here and there) but my husband has happily had dinner duty for many years now. Lately I've turned the corner and learned some chef basics. Surprise, surprise - I love it! Just another creative outlet with instant rewards of "yummm yummm" from the family.
3) Firstborn quality-time - Yesterday my son woke up about 45 minutes early. Sigh! But he climbed into bed with me and we had time to snuggle and chat before his little sister woke up. It's easy to forget that first kids miss having mom all to themselves! And he had a lot to say, all of it funny and cute. :)
4) A little progress - I traveled to Wisconsin a few days ago for a check-up with my doctor and x-rays showed that my spinal fusion is progressing...maybe not as fast as expected, but bone growth is occurring. I'm excited and very happy that everything is stable and I can start gaining flexibility again in my back.
5) Unexpected perk - One benefit of my trip to Wisconsin was an impromptu dinner with my BFF and her daughters. Oh it was so good to get a little girl-time with one of my favorite friends!
Happy Friday, dear reader! Hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead of you. :)