I seem to remember hearing back in my days of Catholic school: faith without works is dead. When I heard about the 30 Day Giving Challenge, I felt right away that this opportunity should not be turned down. It was one of those moments when I was alert to God whispering in my ear to pay attention and take action.
There's nothing more important to me than setting a positive example for my kids and living my faith whenever I get the chance. Choosing to writing about it here isn't about showing off, it's about encouraging somebody else to give and spreading awareness about importance of giving. And even if you don't consider yourself to be religious, maybe you believe in karma. What you put out into the world, you'll get back...
Here are a few of my "gifts" from Week 1:
- baking blueberry muffins for my family
- bought my sister an ice cream cone
- gathered a bag of clothes to drop off at Goodwill
- put a lady's grocery cart away for her, so she could get back to her crying toddler
- upgraded shipping for a customer, just because
- sent a bag of new yarn to my Grandmother
What have I received this week? So much more good than bad!! Lots of wonderful moments with my family, a lunch date with my husband, special conversations, extra consideration from some strangers, a few gorgeous sunrises and several beautiful days. My daughter is grabbing her feet now and my son has started to say "I love you". A few more orders at my shop. All terrific blessings!